“[The Affordable Care Act] must be removed and replaced with an approach based on genuine competition, patient choice, excellent care, wellness, and timely access to treatment.”
• Block grants for Medicaid to the states.
• Preserve coverage for individuals with preexisting conditions.
• Allow customers to purchase health insurance across state lines.
• Repeal McCarran-Ferguson Act that protects insurance companies from anti-trust litigation.
• Give terminal patients a right to try investigational medicines not yet approved by the FDA.
“Democrats have been fighting to secure universal health care for the American people for generations, and we are proud to be the party that passed Medicare, Medicaid, and the Affordable Care Act.”
• View healthcare as a right not a privilege.
• Oppose block granting programs like Medicaid and SNAP to the states.
• Crack down on price gouging by drug companies and cap amount Americans have to pay out-of-pocket every month for prescription drugs.
• Push for states to require health insurance coverage for autism services in private insurance plans.